Fire Detection Systems
Dwellings with no smoke alarm accounted for 38% of deaths in home fires in Great Britain, and nearly one fifth of deaths occurred where no smoke alarm worked.
We work with everyone! We treat every site in the same way whilst allowing for individual needs! We have seen the benefits first hand of having the required fire detection, passive protection and suppression. No one dies. Damage is limited.
Fire “alarms” (as they are commonly known) are an essential part of this early detection, allowing escape and the emergency services to be alerted.
Fire kills quickly and often silently. If you’re a building owner, managing agent, landlord (both commercial and domestic) or a homeowner, it is your responsibility legally and morally to have the correct fire detection and suppression system installed and maintained to the current and appropriate British Standards. Contact Instant Protect. We will take care of all your needs and deliver peace of mind.
We cover full design, installation and commissioning. We maintain and modify any fire system addressable, conventional, multipoint or interlinked wired or wireless. We also offer tailored fire suppression systems such as PLUMIS Fire Taps, fire curtains to comply with the relevant building regulations and help you to ensure escape routes are always clear and available.
- Fill in the contact form on our free site survey page / or simply call us on 0808 1696383 (Free Phone)
- A member of the team will contact you and organise a convenient time for a site visit
- The Site Visit: We will conduct a full survey of the property site and or area - whether commercial or domestic
- On Site we will run through the best solution for your needs
- We will develop and submit to you a written system design proposal
- If you are happy to go ahead then we will book a mutually convenient time to install the new systems
Having a professional Fire Risk Assessment is essential. Our specialist engineers have over 45 years in the fire industry and it is that experience and knowledge that makes our Engineers the best in the business .
We offer risk assessments for all types of building and situations, from temporary structures and building sites, to some of the oldest and most used buildings in the UK.
Risk Assessment Overview:
From the 1st October 2006 The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires the Responsible Person (RP) of any non domestic premises to carry out a fire risk assessment, including measures to reduce or eliminate the risk of fire and identify persons at risk. Where there are 5 or more employees, a record must be kept of significant findings and a definition of a Responsible Person is contained in the above Order.
Where the RP does not have control of all parts of the building and it is shared with other persons, they should be informed of significant risks identified. The person who does have control (landlord, owner, or other employer etc.) has a responsibility to make sure the regulations are complied with, in the parts they control. This may require communication and cooperation between parties to ensure coordination of fire safety provisions, fire fighting measures, evacuation procedures etc.
Carrying out the assessment we will:
- Identify the fire hazards
- Identify people at risk
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training
Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly:
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Fire fighting equipment
- The removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, e.g. the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- Staff fire safety training